Gratitude

7:05 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I have been progressing though a journey of 28 days of gratitude, when I read this for tomorrow's suggested practice:

" Ancient spiritual teachings say that what we give to another person with a full heart returns to us a hundredfold. So being grateful and saying thank you to another person for anything you receive from them is not only urgent, it’s vital to improving your life! "

 I was filled with aw and sadness to. I don't know how many times I have not received a "Thank You"; it is the simplest act of kindness one can receive, yet it seems so hard for some to say.   I have some people that had been in my life that saying thank you was like pulling out teeth and after some time, I have become a little harsher when it comes to gift giving. It may sound childish, this is the way I see it, if one can not take the time to say thank you, well then I won't take the time to send another gift to said person.

   For myself this has caused some hard feelings, yet I feel they only have themselves to blame.
   For each person who says thank you for a gift, card, or some other gesture of goodwill I have shared with them, I usually send plenty more good tidings so to speak their way. They feel good, I feel good and it all comes from that classic, timeless, simplest act of kindness.
 
 Might I suggest, that the next time you receive some kind of act of kindness, a gift of any sort, or even a taking time out to visit with you, that you say Thank You....or help the mail service out and send a little card.

0 comments: